Thursday, June 15, 2006

Two concerts, two countries, one weekend!

I have sat here many times to try and write something but nothing has come out. Well now I want to write about something happy....something that made me feel for the first time in almost a year completely and utterly joyous.

(please note...this entry is for humor and will show a side to me that I had before 7/7 and also to try and lighten the mood I am feeling right now.)

So last weekend I lived the life I should be living and appreciated every second. I got along to two concerts in two different countries.

First (and must I say THE most important) was Robbie Williams (or as I call him Sex on Legs!!) in Dublin. I have wanted to see him for so long. I have admired pictures, posters and song clips of him now I got the chance to admire him in person. And must I say...so much better in the flesh ;-) So I fly over with some friends and land to a beautiful sunny warm day in Dubbers. We leisurely walk around town, get some lunch, sit in the sun and listen to buskers. We then met another friend living there and go back to hers for drinks.
So 5.30pm and off to the concert we go. I literally think I am going to wet myself with excitement. We quietly watch the support acts, waiting for the main attraction. It's 8.45pm and he appears up through the stage in the crowd...oh god! The biggest smile appears across my face and I just float with happiness and joy. I send many texts to M telling him of my happiness. I took so many pics and recordings on my camera. The best video recording is at the beginning where we are waiting for him to appear, the minute he does you just hear me scream and the camera goes all wobbly from my jumping. I feel like such a school girl. I am laughing now while typing this.

It all ended way too quickly but I fell to sleep at my friends that night with warmth and ease; dreaming of the concert all night long.

The next morning we were up early again back to London, this time for Bon Jovi. M came along to this one with me. So I rushed home from the airport, showered and back on the train to Milton Keynes. We got there early and then just lazed in the sun together on the grass.
Just M and I together. It was lovely...chatting, cuddling, laughing. Still the smile has not disappeared. We listen to the support act - Nickleback, they were quite good. Then at at 8pm The Boys appear. Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora on the big screen...how can a girl not be happy?
I haven't heard all of their new album yet but I find myself still swaying to all of their songs. The old classics are played...but I wait with baited breath for one...Livin' on a Prayer. It's their last song (before the encore).
The crowd of thousands are jumping. Seems everyone was waiting for this moment. It's amazing to look out at the sea of people, all smiling and screaming for the same thing. Everyone knows the words, we all sing in unison.
The concert finished we head back to North London, my head hitting the pillow at midnight. On Sunday I am shattered but it's all worth it.

Thoughts and memories have started to play with mind again leading up to the anniversary. But how can a girl be unhappy when her dreams have come true.... two concerts, two countries, one weekend! Bliss!

x

6 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

Brilliant!!

So glad to hear you're having a good time and getting away from all "that". Made me laugh when you were describing how excited you got at the sight of Robbie.

Similar to my weekend at a rock festival spent rocking out to Guns and Roses, Metallica and so many more... So glad to hear you're happy. : )

Take care,

Steve

1:49 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hurray! Glad you are having a great time.

I will tell you my disgraceful Robbie story when I see you next
;-)

1:34 PM  
Blogger Holly Finch said...

hey misses...we are all getting there...fantastic to hear you so happy!...nothing like a gorgeous bod to make a girl smile....
xxx

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog could do with some work. Not what you'd call interesting.

1:30 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

The anonymous comments are likely to be fom the person who has been harrassing me and other KCU members; I'd delete them hon, she's been reported to the police and doesn't deserve the platform.

6:35 AM  
Blogger Holly Finch said...

oh anonymous you make me laugh....don't read it then if you don't like it....she's not writing it for you!

just ignore her BB xxx

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home